Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mellowing

Cool news, cool news. My friend Haley Monsoon will be interviewing Liv Rand and I on our collaborative piece! So that will be a fun thing to look forward to.

I think I've somewhat mellowed down from last week's freak out. Most of the anxiety was due to miscommunication. Weeks ago I had asked Liv if she could "speed up" her version of the song and "add beats" when I should have asked her to re-record her version at the same tempo as the original track and to make sure to keep true to the cords heard in the beginning of the song. I should brush up on my musical jargon or take up an instrument or something. I want to continue working with musicians in the future so it would be good for me to learn how to speak their language! I'm still awaiting Liv's final final version of her cover. Not knowing what that sounds like is the only thing keeping me on edge. I'm sure everything will be fine though. Liv seems to be a very organized person and her teacher tells me she's very reliable. Once I get that I'll post it on here.

Anywho. In terms of what I've been up to, I've found out that SWF files can be imported into After Effects. Maybe that was a no brainer for some but to me it was a revelation! I've had been converting my Flash projects as Animated GIFS, which then would totally lose their original colour in After Effects.

This is from the Animated GIF exported from Flash. Notice how the colours got more yellow?

This is from the SWF with the original colours.


Plus the GIFs weren't transparent so I couldn't make simple colour corrections to match up the shots without messing up the background.

After all this is done I think I'm going to take some crash courses on Linda.com for Flash and After Effects. I could have been much further ahead in this project if I knew all the stuff I'm finding out now. There's a lot of useful stuff out there that I'm not aware of.


1 comment:

  1. Meghan, it's good you're finding out what you need to learn, software-wise, but please do not hesitate to ask me questions - that's what I'm here for.

    ~ Chris

    ReplyDelete