Monday, September 8, 2014

Batch of Boards

Today we got to pitch our ideas in class. I'm pretty confident in my piece but I didn't know we had to animate to the entire song! I'm going to have to simplify some things and use loops where I find fit. Right now I've got some basic boarding done, though it's missing the representation of the last two verses of the song. But I was able to quick sketch that up in class, so stay tuned for more! The music professor, Reggie Pindell, came in to check up on us again. He seemed pretty confident with pairing Liv and I together, and I'm glad he did. Liv is so wonderful! One thing I remember him saying is that he was happy that I was talking like this project was just as much hers as it was mine. And I do believe that. 

I know I still have yet to dive into this project but I know this is something I'd be happy doing on my own time. I'm thinking of making fliers at the end of the semester (or whenever) to put up around the music school. I'm not musically talented myself but I would love to collaborate with people who are to make some cool, cheap music videos. (The quality of the animation would all depend on how much time I could give and how into the music I was since this would all be purely volunteer.)

Here are the boards I have so far:

There's a group of cords at the beginning of the song, so for each beat I will take away parts of the cake,
I will replace tea cups with other tea cups, I will replace cakes with other cakes for each new beat. I
also want to throw in a few rotating cakes and and orange that's tossed and cut in the air.

I'm a very narrative person, so I'm trying very hard not to make everything too too literal.
I thought I'd throw in some wiggling cords and bouncing boxes to represent certain parts of the music.



No comments:

Post a Comment