Saturday, September 13, 2014

Progress Report

Cool things are happening! Liv just recruited Jake Varrone to help with music mixing. He says he'll throw in a drum track too so that's awesome! 



On my part I've seen setting standards for the animation (ex: palettes, face shape) and I've got some backgrounds and props made.













When listening to this song I don't want to just animate some pretty pictures to it but I also want to help convey the true meaning of the song for it. Whether that's through facial expressions or some abstract animation. When I hear the song I feel calm and happy and I see and feel fluid swooping movements. 

I asked Liv what she felt was most strongly conveyed in this song and she said that "it has depth and the lyrics also portray something more complex than a love song or a breakup song. It says that it's not enough to do things the normal way and you won't learn anything if you don't step 
outside of what you know but it also says that things will end up the way they are meant to."  When she said this I immediately linked that with a few drawings I made for the initial storyboard. At one point I have the subject of the song looking and reaching out of a window with a curious and longing look on her face. 








Visually I think this one shot best portrays that idea. I can see someone who is enjoying their life but also someone who is reaching out for the more that life has in store for them.



1 comment:

  1. Great job on the journal so far, Meghan! Thoughtful and considered.

    ReplyDelete