Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'MCRASHING&BURNING




I'm figuring out that this piece isn't going to be as fluid as I wanted it to be (knowing that I only have like four or three weeks for work on this).

Aside from that, I've been doing my rough animation in Flash CC, exporting them as GIFs, dragging those into Photoshop CC, and rotoscoping over that. 

I love colouring in PS but since I don't have much time to do anything fancy I might just stick to colouring in FL instead of going through this whole import export thing. 

I spent so much time trying to figure out what kind of file was best to export out of FL to be worked on. Lots of trial and error. I found the best way is export>export movie>animated gif (this way, saved as a gif, the file will retain the amount of time each frame lasts so you wont' have to redraw the same thing over and over again in PS). Then you take that gif, drag it into PS (get the animation time frame up), put all those layer into a folder, set that folder to "new layers visible", make another folder for rotoscoping, unselect "new layers visible". Select a frame, make a new layer, draw, repeat. I spent half the time trying to figure out all sorts of technical stuff. 




No comments:

Post a Comment