Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Choice Has Been Made!



After much thought We've chosen the song Next Time Around by Little Joy! 

It's a song that I've loved since I discovered it last year. I played it every morning! Liv loved it too and was really hoping I'd choose it. Overall I had a more rounded idea for this song than Oh Ana, and I think I should be able to accomplish what I want to do. I'll be coming up with some concept art for each shot soon (or maybe that will all just be jumbled into my animatic). 

I asked Liv if she would like to be animated in the video and she was thrilled and said yes! I think I've got her form down pretty well.

I'm thinking of using a mixture of Flash and Photoshop animation for this one. I'm very inspired by indie animators online like Alex Grigg, Charles Huettner, and Scott Benson. Alex Grigg and Charles Huettner especially are known for their Photoshop animation which was very inspiring for me. And Scott Benson's editing techniques are extremely impressive. Though I'm leaning more towards a narrative approach I would also like to represent the music abstractly with moving lines and bouncing blocks.






No comments:

Post a Comment